Tuesday 15 February 2011

Productivity

As I have mentioned before I have recently become re-unemployed (re- because until recently I was a student...). This is very frustrating and depressing, especially as there are very few jobs about for SLTs of my experience (nil) at the moment. The NHS is making cuts left right and centre and jobs to apply for are few and far between.

Anyway - what has this got to do with making and selling jewellery? It means that I have a lot more time to play with beads, learn new techniques, use different materials! All positives - silver lining and all that. On a weekend away in Loughborough last week I visited the local bead shop (http://www.bojanglebeads.co.uk/) and had a lovely time browsing all of their gorgeous stock. In consequence I have acquired a lot more beads! So today I thought I should really concentrate on making some new lovelies so I can make back some of the money I spent!

Pearls, rose quartz and Czech glass beads combine to make this delightfully girly bracelet!

This bracelet uses the fashionable "sweetie" charm bracelet style and combines gorgeous glass leaves, silver plated leaf charms, freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystals for a beautiful dangly effect.

This bracelet has a chunky antique copper chain and clasp and is decorated wtih pearlescent discs, stars and coral coloured freshwater pearls - gorgeous.

Gorgeous Czech glass pearls are combined with freshwater pearls on silver rings to create a beautiful cluster pendant.



Trinty brass Daisy charms and lilac glass leaves on silver ear wires make these earrings really cute.

Purple glass "trumpet" flowers, silver decorative headpins and fluorite beads - beautiful and classy.

Blue foil lined glass hearts with iridescent red/turquoise glass beads on silver plated ear wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment